It does not matter if you work in the office of a company or in a room at home remotely, in both cases the conditions of your work environment can affect your productivity. It is very important to find the right environment for work, an environment that encourages you to focus on work and minimize procrastination.
Here are some tips to help you design a better work environment.
- The use of green plants makes you feel more alive and comfortable so that you can focus on things in a good mood.
- Proper temperature and clean air play an important role in the employee concentration, cold or hot air causes clutter and ultimately decentralization.
- Proper lighting is also very important. Using natural light is the best option. According to research, people who work in natural light are 15% more likely to stay in the workplace than people who work only in artificial light.
And the cold light is great for brainstorming sessions, as it improves alertness and reduces fatigue.
- Silence or listening to music, silence plays an effective role in increasing concentration. Eliminate extra noises to make it less distracting. In some people, listening to music in the background can also help to increase concentration.
- Be careful of choosing colors, because researches shows that the color of the walls of the workplace affects the productivity and mood of people: for example, red has negative results and green-blue has positive results and yellow helps to increase creativity.
- Keep your workspace clean and tidy. This saves your time because everything is in place, and prevents confusion for your mind.
- Use air fresheners, for example lemon scent can greatly help people focus.
- Eliminate as much as possible of anything that distracts you from your tasks. For example, turn off your social media notifications.
- Smile more
- Try different entertainment and games with teammates
- Celebrate different occasions